Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Learning to Weave

How did I end up at Woven Arts in E. Lansing, Michigan for a weaving class?? Well I was visiting the Aurora Alpaca farm in Bath, Mi. I was talking to the owner about weaving and she indicated that Nancy McRay at Woven Arts teaches beginners to weave using a Rigid Heddle loom....so off to Woven Arts to see what this was all about....Well after meeting Nancy it was a no brainer, this was the place to learn, and I love it.... the class was great only 3 people in a class and we all finished our projects in the three week class. I have just finished another scarf, well almost, tomorrow I will get it off the loom....then I will see if I can figure out how to post a photo...But for now I have to work on getting ready to go off to a glass workshop.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sue! I loved having you and Sandy in class.
    What are you weaving now?

    I have some ideas about what I am going to make you - have you posted the offer on your blog yet?

    ReplyDelete